What is it about the Apple logo that makes it such so iconic? I’m not a logo designer, so it’s probably no surprise that I’m baffled as to how something so simple has become so legendary.
Even though I don’t create logos, I do like to create 3D illustrations and renderings of them. The Apple logo illustrations below represent my take on this iconic mark. As always, please feel free to use any of these images for your own personal projects. All I ask is that you link back directly to this page. Thanks, and enjoy!
Table of Contents
Chrome and glass Apple logos
Here is my massive collection of illustrations of chrome and glass Apple logos. The entire series is made up primarily of various objects (like credit cards, keys, tools, etc) placed in front of or on top of a large Apple logos. It’s a completely random collection, so I hope you find them useful:
Set #1: Boxes, tools, and tech
Here is a brief description of these six images:
- Two silver credit cards sitting on top of an upright Apple logo on a dark gray reflective surface
- A gold combination lock dial inserted into the front face of an upright glass Apple logo
- A chrome Apple logo spilling out of an overturned cardboard box
- Linked chains lying over top of a silver Apple logo
- A chrome Apple logo sitting on top of a simple electronic microchip on a dark blue surface
- A wrench and a screwdriver sitting on top of an upright Apple logo
Set #2: Security, sales, and business
The following set is similar as above, and features a variety of objects placed on or next to a glossy metallic Apple logo with (with more of an emphasis on conceptual ideas). Objects in this series includes:
- AA batteries
- network cables
- Bright red Sold sticker
- Large magnet
- A colorful bar chart
The Apple logo is probably one of the most recognized brands of our time. Love ’em or hate ’em, the company has truly mastered the art of creating desirable products (and developing a strong following of supporters).
Set #3: More tech and business concepts
As a visual designer, it is refreshing to see a company hold such a high regard to design and user experience. And the good news is that I see that appreciation spreading throughout many areas of corporate industry all because of Apple. I totally understand it too. I mean, even **I** drank the iKoolaid.
Remember: I’m giving these away totally free of charge (without watermarks even!), so download and use however you wish.
Set #4: Real estate and industry
Continuing on with my series of metal Apple logos, this is a batch of six more fresh from my rendering box:
- A silver Apple logo lying on a gray reflective surface with thick chrome chains draped over top of it
- A transparent metallic Apple logo on a delivery cart over a red reflective surface
- A chrome Apple logo inside of a shiny heart shape hovering over a black reflective surface
- A large metallic Apple logo standing upright behind a white two story residential house
- A chrome Apple logo standing upright on a pile of silver construction parts
- A chrome Apple logo lying on top of a wood soap box over a dark gray reflective surface
I’m sorta hoping that the kind folks at Apple will be so proud of me for making these logos that they’ll send me a free Mac Pro or something. Wouldn’t that be nice?
Set #5: Security and health
FYI, I’ve been bombarded with requests for more of these types of stock images. I have to admit that I’m a bit reluctant to do so, knowing very well how strong-armed Apple can be if you get on their bad side. Therefore, to prevent any unfortunate bodily harm to myself, any image I create featuring the Apple logo will portray the brand in a very positive way.
The following batch of images features the same mutli-layered metallic Apple logo that I’ve been using above, posing with a variety of new objects. Here is a quick description of each:
- A large brass key and silver key ring lying in front of an upright Apple logo
- A leaking chrome apple logo lying on a dark gray reflective surface
- An overturned three story office building with a chrome Apple logo spilling out of it
- The same Apple logo (again!) positioned inside of a large red and white lifesaver
- A large magnifying glass hovering over top of that oh-so-familiar Apple logo
- Two large 10lb dumbbells posing in front of an upright Mac logo
Set #6: Miscellaneous concepts
Several of these renderings were created a long time ago, so I apologize for anything that looks dated and “oh-so-10-years-ago”. Anyway, this group of six Apple logo illustrations is the last in a long series from my archives -although I can’t promise that there will be more in the future:
In this final group you will find:
- A large transparent silver Apple logo floating above a blue and gray textured background
- An assortment of large red and white pills arranged in front of an upright metallic Apple logo over a gray reflective surface
- A brass padlock standing in front of an upright transparent glass Apple logo
- A silver trophy standing in front of an upright transparent glass Apple logo
- A semi-transparent metallic Apple logo showing a partial wireframe structure sitting on a set of unrolled blueprints
- A large chrome Apple logo spilling out of an overturned trash can
Dark glass Apple logo set
To be quite honest, I’m not totally happy with this series of black glass Apple logo images – I had difficulty rendering them so that the shadows from the objects didn’t fragment on the face of the logo, but it is what it is. I spent several hours creating the template for this series, and I still couldn’t get it right. Total bummer, but hopefully you won’t mind.
The shadow issues could probably be resolved with some minor Photoshop work, but I haven’t the time for that sort of thing right now. Excuses, excuses. I know!
Anyway, this is a very dark series. The Apple logos are made of a black glass texture and the environment they sit in is very dark. Strong lights from the side set a pretty strong mood, which lends these images well towards being used in a variety of applications.
What do you think so far? Anyway, the following is the same upright Apple logo with three new objects:
- Blue handicap symbol
- Chrome copyright symbol
- Transparent blue globe
I’m really diggin’ the way the texture of that blue handicap logo rendered, and I may find a way to incorporate that into some of my other work as well. It took a long time to get that texture right, but it was worth it!
By the way, let me know by commenting to this post if there are any other objects you’d like me to include in this series of images. I’m up for a challenge…
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Conceptual illustrations featuring the Apple iOS logo
Although there is no official mark for the Apple iOS logo, that didn’t stop me from creating an entire set…