Earlier last year I spent some time making some stock illustrations featuring the Microsoft Windows logo, but I’ve got to admit that I wasn’t really happy with they way they turned out. The Microsoft “flag” logo is somewhat complex – it’s a two dimensional graphic rendered to appear 3d, so building a 3d model of it can be a bit tricky. I tried as best I could to replicate the wave in three dimensions, but it didn’t look right to me – so I just left it flat. But even then it still didn’t look correct, and I just gave up on it.
I get a lot of requests for images with Microsoft branding, so I decided to take another stab at it. This time, I’m using image maps instead of building a model of the logo itself. Seems to work a little bit better, don’t you think? Here’s a detailed description of the set:
- A large silver microphone standing in front of a glowing Microsoft logo
- A heavy-duty brass padlock sitting on top of a glowing Microsoft logo on a dark surface
- This one is for all of you who complain about Windows all the time: a framed Microsoft logo lying on top of a big wood soap box
- A big magnifying glass hovering over top of a silver tablet computer displaying a glowing Microsoft logo
- Another tablet computer with the same Microsoft logo with two large gears hovering above it
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
3d renderings of white paper Starbucks coffee cups
Over the past few days I’ve been tinkering with some of the new texture mapping tools in FormZ, and I’ve…
Google Android illustrations
More Android renderings! If you really hate these things and want to see me focus on other images, it’s your…