Earlier last year I spent some time making some stock illustrations featuring the Microsoft Windows logo, but I’ve got to admit that I wasn’t really happy with they way they turned out. The Microsoft “flag” logo is somewhat complex – it’s a two dimensional graphic rendered to appear 3d, so building a 3d model of it can be a bit tricky. I tried as best I could to replicate the wave in three dimensions, but it didn’t look right to me – so I just left it flat. But even then it still didn’t look correct, and I just gave up on it.
I get a lot of requests for images with Microsoft branding, so I decided to take another stab at it. This time, I’m using image maps instead of building a model of the logo itself. Seems to work a little bit better, don’t you think? Here’s a detailed description of the set:
- A large silver microphone standing in front of a glowing Microsoft logo
- A heavy-duty brass padlock sitting on top of a glowing Microsoft logo on a dark surface
- This one is for all of you who complain about Windows all the time: a framed Microsoft logo lying on top of a big wood soap box
- A big magnifying glass hovering over top of a silver tablet computer displaying a glowing Microsoft logo
- Another tablet computer with the same Microsoft logo with two large gears hovering above it
50% off my high-resolution airliner templates!
Subscribe to my mailing list and get a code for 50% off your entire order from my airliner template store (www.shopnorebbo.com)!
Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email - a confirmation link has just been sent to you and your subscription will not be active until you click that link.
Something went wrong.