One thing I really like about the Android logo is that Google allows designers to have a bit of creative freedom with it (which you can read more about here). It is by far the loosest set of guidelines I’ve ever seen for a large corporate brand, and I have to admit that it makes me more inclined to use it in my renderings and illustrations. It’s a win-win situation, and I give the Google Android team major props for it.
So yeah – I’m having fun with the little Android ‘bot. I’ve got some ideas in my head for a lot of fun illustrations using this logo, but here’s the first batch that I’ve been working on for the past couple of days:
- A large green Android logo lying face up with a silver combination dial imbedded into it’s belly
- An unrolled set of blueprints with a metallic green and white Android logo sitting on top
- A big green Android ‘bot pointing to a glowing earth over a very reflective surface
- A green and white Android logo hovering inside of a chrome heart
- A large padlock attached to an upright Android logo on a dark surface
- A green Android logo sitting on a large microchip and electronic circuit
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Google Android illustrations
More Android renderings! If you really hate these things and want to see me focus on other images, it’s your…
Continuing with the Google Android illustrations
I have to secretly admit that I’m having a ton of fun with these Android logo illustrations. The Android ‘bot…