One thing I really like about the Android logo is that Google allows designers to have a bit of creative freedom with it (which you can read more about here). It is by far the loosest set of guidelines I’ve ever seen for a large corporate brand, and I have to admit that it makes me more inclined to use it in my renderings and illustrations. It’s a win-win situation, and I give the Google Android team major props for it.
So yeah – I’m having fun with the little Android ‘bot. I’ve got some ideas in my head for a lot of fun illustrations using this logo, but here’s the first batch that I’ve been working on for the past couple of days:
- A large green Android logo lying face up with a silver combination dial imbedded into it’s belly
- An unrolled set of blueprints with a metallic green and white Android logo sitting on top
- A big green Android ‘bot pointing to a glowing earth over a very reflective surface
- A green and white Android logo hovering inside of a chrome heart
- A large padlock attached to an upright Android logo on a dark surface
- A green Android logo sitting on a large microchip and electronic circuit
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Android text logo illustrations
Here is another set of orphaned 3d illustrations that haven’t been uploaded anywhere else as stand-alone stock illustrations. This set…
Continuing with the Google Android illustrations
I have to secretly admit that I’m having a ton of fun with these Android logo illustrations. The Android ‘bot…