I kind of hate to admit this, but I’m not really a Lamborghini fan. Ferrari is my Italian sports car of choice, primarily because of their long history of really good design. I find the Lamborghini look to be slightly over the top and “adolecent” if you will, where Ferrari seems a bit more reserved and classical in taste.
Of course I know that this is all very subjective so I’m going to stop right there before I get blasted by the Lambo crowd for my horrible taste in automotive design. To give Lamborghini credit, I do like the new Aventador – that’s hot. But everything else they’ve done for the past 10-15 years has not really been appealing to me at all.
It’s not like this matters a whole lot anyway – have you seen the prices on the latest models from both companies? Yikes. The sad thing is that I’ve finally reached an age in life where even the die-hard car guy in me just can’t justify a car that costs as much as a really nice house.
I can’t afford these cars, but I can create some illustrations of their logos! You’ve probably noticed that I recently did a batch of illustrations featuring the Ferrari logo – and the car guys (and gals) who follow my blog seemed to like them. I also got a lot of heat from them regarding the fact that I haven’t done any logo illustrations of that “other” famous Italian car maker. So here they are!
I actually like the Lamborghini logo a lot. And yes…it was extremely difficult to draw. I ended up taking bits and pieces of the actual logo and simplified it for this set of illustrations, as I have found that complex logos are difficult to integrate well into clean renderings. I don’t know, but it’s just my personal style – I don’t like a lot of clutter. I think these illustrations still hold true to the actual logo though, and I hope you agree. I also hope the Lamborghini fans are happy to see some Lamborghini love in my stock image collection!
Here’s a detailed description of the set:
- A large glass and metal Lamborghini logo standing upright behind an overturned prescription medication bottle spilling little white pills
- An assortment of little metallic Lamborghini logos spilling out of an overturned orange prescription medication bottle over a gray reflective surface
- Two large gears hovering above a metal and glass Lamborghini logo
- Two metallic Lamborghini logos sitting on top of a black and orange For Sale sign
- A metal and glass Lamborghini logo standing upright behind a large silver trophy
- A red New tag attached to a large metal and glass Lamborghini logo
- A red Sale tag attached to a large metal and glass Lamborghini logo
- A metallic Lamborghini logo with a chrome frame wearing a pair of audio headphones over gold reflective surface
- A large magnifying glass hovering over top of a metallic Lamborghini logo
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Stock illustrations featuring the GM (General Motors) logo
It may seem as if I used a great deal of restraint in creating this set of stock illustrations featuring…
Car design illustrations
Not many people are aware of this, but my art and design roots are firmly planted in the automotive world.…