Last time I checked, Microsoft Internet Explorer was still the top internet browser – but its competitors are not far behind. But there’s something to be said for staying on top for so long, so that’s why I thought it would be fun to make a new series of royalty free 3d illustrations featuring the Microsoft Internet Explorer logo.
Not to toot my own horn, but I think these renderings came out well – much better than I had expected! I was worried that the natural glow and glossiness of the logo would interfere with some of the reflections generated from my 3d models, but I don’t think it’s too distracting.
Sure, yes, there are several instances here where I’ve got a hard edge gloss over top of the glossy reflection of the IE logo, but…I don’t think it matters much. I just tried to make sure to keep the logo on a flat plane so not as to make it seem like it was really three-dimensional.
Anyway, it was a fun set to make. I ended up creating a ton of these illustrations, so I’ll upload more when I get the chance. But for now, here’s what’s included in this set:
- A framed Microsoft Internet Explorer logo standing behind an assortment of chrome screws and springs
- A gray file cabinet with an open bottom drawer that reveals a Microsoft Internet Explorer logo
- An IE logo wearing a pair of headphones on a reflective blue surface
- A large brass padlock attached to a framed Microsoft Internet Explorer logo over a white isolated background
- An IE logo on a glossy microchip
- Top down view of a chrome trophy with a Microsoft Internet Explorer logo inside