This set of 3d renderings featuring the Chevrolet Corvette logo probably won’t be of much interest to anyone outside of the US. Sorry about that, but we Americans do have some proud for our home-grown sports cars! I’m actually not a big Corvette fan (though I’d love to have a new Z06 if anyone feels like giving me a car), but I have had some requests from fellow car-folk to make a series of my 3d illustrations featuring this iconic car brand.
To be honest, this logo was difficult to work with. Whenever I incorporate a popular mark into my 3d renderings, it always seems to work out better if the dimensions are equal on all sides. Odd shaped logos like this one throw off the visual balance a bit too much for my liking and I struggle to find ways to keep these images rich and powerful. The Facebook logo is a perfect example of something that works well with my rendering style. It’s just a square! But anyway, here is a more detailed description of this set:
- A large automotive brake rotor with a glossy Corvette logo in the center
- A Corvette logo inside of a large gear hovering over a metallic surface
- A large red and white lifesaver with a Corvette logo in the center
- A framed Corvette logo in a silver frame lying in a puddle of metallic liquid
- An upright framed Corvette logo surrounded my large bolts and springs
- A large wrench and screwdriver sitting in a cross over top of a framed Corvette logo
- A glossy Corvette logo sitting on top of two credit cards
- A large microphone standing next to an upright Corvette logo over a black background
- A large silver trophy standing next to a framed Corvette logo
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
5 things I’ve learned about automotive modeling in Maya
Now that I’ve made the decision to migrate my 3d workflow to Maya, I feel like I’ve totally given up…
3d BMW M logo illustrations
Some of you guys might already know that cars and airplanes are two of my biggest passions in life, and…