You Lotus drivers are an enthusiastic bunch. Ever since I posted my Lamborghini logo illustration set earlier this year, I’ve received countless requests for a collection of images depicting your favorite automotive brand. You asked, and I said “no problem”. Time passed, and you asked again. “Sure thing – I’m on it”, I replied. Yeah, I know that I’ve been kicking that can down the road for far too long, so I finally decided to block some time to get them done. Here they are! Finally…
All in all, the Lotus logo was a bit awkward to render. The mark itself is a rounded triangular shape, which looks very classy and nice on it’s own – but it’s framed by a circular ring. If it were up to me, that outer ring wouldn’t exist, and I’d let the unique shape of the rounded triangle stand on it’s own. Both elements seem to conflict with each other, and aren’t necessary in a combined format such as this.
That said, I attempted to exaggerate that outer ring into a thicker and bolder object which doesn’t compete so much with the logo itself. Think of it as a “deconstruction” of sorts – and I hope you loyalists appreciate my artistic take on it. Here is a description of the images below:
- Two large pencils sitting on top of a stack of unrolled blueprints with a Lotus logo drawn on it
- A pair of black sunglasses sitting in front of a large metallic yellow Lotus logo on a dark reflective surface
- A heavy-duty Lotus logo standing behind two silver engine pistons over a dark gray background
- A large magnifying glass hovering over top of a silver and yellow metallic Lotus logo
- Multiple stacks of gold coins with Lotus logos printed on them
- Two large combustion engine pistons with a yellow Lotus logo printed on the top surface
- An overturned prescription medication bottle with little white pills featuring the yellow Lotus logo on a dark gray reflective surface
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
15 conceptually clever Ferrari logo illustrations
Here are 15 Ferrari logo illustrations that I recently created. I’m actually sort of curious to see how popular these…
Lamborghini Logo Illustrations
I kind of hate to admit this, but I’m not really a Lamborghini fan. Ferrari is my Italian sports car…