I built a series of generic road map illustrations for my stock image collection about a year ago, but I was never really happy with they way they turned out. I think I rushed the entire set without taking the time to make them look exactly like I wanted, and that kind of stuff really bugs me. I’m a total perfectionist (swear I can’t help it)! Anyway, maps and navigation concepts are really popular these days, and I have been planning on redoing the collection for many months – and these six images are the beginnings of that work. I’m not totally happy with the way they turned out, but I think they are much better than the original set!
Here’s a rundown of the renderings presented above:
- A large acoustic guitar sitting on top of an unrolled set of generic road maps
- Two large pencils lying on top of generic road maps
- Two large red push pins sitting on top of a stack of unrolled navigational maps
- Large metallic puzzle pieces connected together on top of an unrolled set of road maps
- A big QR code graphic sitting on top of an unrolled set of generic road maps
- A generic set of unrolled road maps over a dark reflective surface
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
3d renderings featuring the new American Airlines logo
It’s not very often that a new corporate identity catches my attention as much as the new American Airlines logo…
3d renderings of automotive brakes
I have recently rediscovered my interest in using automotive brakes as a metaphor for creative “stop” or “quit” concepts. They…