Alright, I’m gonna come right out and say it: I hate the Verizon logo. A lot. I’ll even go as far to speculate that it was most likely created by a senior VP who threw something together late one night for a really big presentation he was giving the next morning. Yeah…it just reeks of something that was designed in Microsoft Word or PowerPoint at the very last minute.
I’ve spent enough time in large Fortune 100 companies to witness this sort of design occur first hand, and it makes me cringe each and every time. However, I give Verizon much props for sticking with this logo for so long. There’s gotta be a story there. Why haven’t they made any attempts to freshen the brand?
Even though I hate the design of this logo, I thought it was significant enough to integrate into my stock illustration collection. Here in the US, Verizon is huge. Love them or hate them – they’re everywhere. If you don’t have a Verizon phone, you probably know many others who do. Big deal, right? I think so – they’ve built themselves up into a successful company despite their atrocious corporate identity, and that’s no easy task.
Here’s a more detailed description of the set:
- A framed Verizon wireless logo embedded into a large green Google Android logo
- A glossy Verizon logo sitting on top of two large credit cards
- A circular Verizon logo protruding out of an open file cabinet
- A glowing red Verizon wireless logo on the screen of a touch screen mobile phone
- Verizon logos printed onto colorful poker chips arranged in a stack
- A framed Verizon wireless logo sitting on a large wood soap box
- A glossy Verizon logo sitting on top of a large telephone dial pad
- A large wrench and screwdriver sitting on top of a glossy framed Verizon wireless logo
- A pair of handcuffs attached to a glossy Verizon logo
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Corvette logo illustrations rendered with a variety of objects
This set of 3d renderings featuring the Chevrolet Corvette logo probably won’t be of much interest to anyone outside of…
Six free Google+ logo renderings
Have you started using Google+ yet? Me either. As a matter of fact, I don’t even have a Facebook account!…