It’s been a while since I’ve created any 3d illustrations, but this set was one that I was working on a few months ago before things got really busy and I took a break from my regular rendering schedule. I had four of these Bank of America illustrations modeled before I lost them all in one accidental fat-finger swipe of my delete key, and at the time, I was too busy with other things to do anything about it.
I hate losing work but all I could do was feel defeated and move on to those other higher-priority projects that couldn’t wait. But here I am again, a more manageable work load at hand, ready to continue where I left off.
The Bank of America logo is one of my favorite of the banking industry. It’s symbolic and simple, yet clever at the same time. I like the way the arcs intersect in an implied way, giving the mark a lot of virtual depth and deep perspective (which adds quite a bit of style) . Oddly enough, that built in perspective often causes problems when converted into 3d like I have done here. The vanishing points become amplified when viewed at an angle and it’s actually kind of difficult to find views in a 3d space that don’t distort the logo into an unrecognizable abstract shape.
As you can see, I chose to strip the logo of it’s color. What can I say – I like the look of natural aluminum and steel! Here’s a more detailed description of each illustration:
- A metallic silver riveted folder with a frosted white Bank of America logo integrated into the side
- A pair of handcuffs attached to a silver metallic Bank of America logo floating inside of a silver ring
- A large brass key lying in front of an upright iron Bank of America logo inside a frame held together with with large bolts
- A heavy duty framed Bank of America logo over a gray background
- A large wrench and screwdriver sitting on top of a framed Bank of America logo
- A large silver microphone standing upright in front a framed Bank of America logo
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
High quality stock illustrations featuring the Verizon Wireless logo
Alright, I’m gonna come right out and say it: I hate the Verizon logo. A lot. I’ll even go as…
High-resolution RSS logo (1300×975)
I think you’ll find this to be a very useful image. It’s a high-resolution metallic RSS logo rendered over a…