I have recently rediscovered my interest in using automotive brakes as a metaphor for creative “stop” or “quit” concepts. They are very iconic in form for a variety of applications, so I’m kind of surprised that I didn’t develop a set like this a long time ago. Since the Norebbo 3d image collection is all about whimsical concepts and metaphors, I decided it was time to do something about that. I have a handful more of these that I’ve yet to render in full size so I’ll be sure to get them uploaded as I can fit them into my rendering schedule.
Here’s a more detailed description of the entire set:
- A large automotive brake rotor lying face up with a bright green radar screen in the center
- The same brake and radar illustration as noted above, but this time it’s angled upwards for a different arrangement
- A vented brake rotor sitting on a stack of credit cards
- A large brake rotor with a red caliper wearing an audio headset
- A large automotive brake rotor and caliper in a puddle of silver liquid
- An overturned trash can with a vented brake rotor spilling out of it
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Car design illustrations
Not many people are aware of this, but my art and design roots are firmly planted in the automotive world.…
Mercedes Benz logo illustrations
I’ve been wanting to create a set of stock illustrations using the Mercedes Benz logo for a long time now,…