I have recently rediscovered my interest in using automotive brakes as a metaphor for creative “stop” or “quit” concepts. They are very iconic in form for a variety of applications, so I’m kind of surprised that I didn’t develop a set like this a long time ago. Since the Norebbo 3d image collection is all about whimsical concepts and metaphors, I decided it was time to do something about that. I have a handful more of these that I’ve yet to render in full size so I’ll be sure to get them uploaded as I can fit them into my rendering schedule.
Here’s a more detailed description of the entire set:
- A large automotive brake rotor lying face up with a bright green radar screen in the center
- The same brake and radar illustration as noted above, but this time it’s angled upwards for a different arrangement
- A vented brake rotor sitting on a stack of credit cards
- A large brake rotor with a red caliper wearing an audio headset
- A large automotive brake rotor and caliper in a puddle of silver liquid
- An overturned trash can with a vented brake rotor spilling out of it
NorebboMy name is Scott, and I started in the design industry over 20 years ago with a bachelors degree in Industrial Design from the College for Creative Studies in Detroit, MI. I have an extensive background in both 2D and 3D illustration, and these days, I spend a majority of my time creating aircraft templates and airliner art. I’m basically an airplane dork.
Subscribe to my mailing list and I'll send you a FREE high-resolution all-white Airbus A320 template (a 5000x3000px JPG).
Highly-detailed Tesla Cybertruck 3d model in all of it’s wedged-shaped glory
Now that I’m starting to get back into the world of 3d modeling, I figured I’d go after an object…
3d illustrations featuring the Lotus logo
You Lotus drivers are an enthusiastic bunch. Ever since I posted my Lamborghini logo illustration set earlier this year, I’ve…